Advertising is the key to business success, the same applies to public institutions of culture. I hope that thanks to my efforts some of the Polish institutions improved its performance and financial standing. Someday I would wish to join my interest in art and art history with interest in financial structures, notably collective investment schemes, into Polish Heritage Fund, unfortunately in both domains I was unable to secure a stable employment. Despite not being a professional art historian and artist I have some successes on my account – virtual reconstruction of some historical royal collections (e.g. Polish Vasas on Pinterest), discovery of unknown portraits of Sigismund I by Joss van Cleve and a full-length portrait of Sigismund II Augustus and many others, reconstruction of jewels of the Polish Vasas, expansion and improvement of Wikipedia Commons websites of some Polish cultural institutions (e.g. MNW in English, French, Polish and partially in German) and many good quality photos uploaded (own works dedicated to Public Domain). I also recorded and made accessible to everybody some of the important Polonica abroad like objects from Polish royal collections in Munich or portrait of Sigismund III Vasa by Rubens (kindly dedicated to Public Domain by Heinz Kisters Fundation). My dream was to restore, capture and propagate Polish heritage and make it economically sustainable. Thanks to artinpl, I think that I manage to achieve it.
- Jan Białostocki (1983), Acquisitions du department d'art étranger 1970-1981, Bulletin du Musée National de Varsovie, 24 (1983), cat. no. 34, pp. 56-58
- ed. Jan Białostocki, Irena Kołoszyńska (1974), Polska i Anglia : stosunki kulturalno-artystyczne : pamiętnik wystawy sztuki angielskiej, Muzeum Narodowe, PB 1974/4979, cat. no. 29, p. 114
- ed. Andrzej Chudzikowski, Jan Białostocki (1970), Catalogue of paintings : foreign schools. 2, N-Z / National Museum in Warsaw, Muzeum Narodowe, PB 1971/4859, cat. no. 677, p. 230
- Comité des travaux historiques et scientifiques (2005), Bulletin archéologique du Comité des travaux historiques et scientifiques: Moyen Age, Renaissance, temps modernes, Editions du CTHS, no. 31-32, pp. 129-130
- Dorota Dec (2008), O Rembrandta "Krajobrazie z miłosiernym Samarytaninem", Rocznik Historii Sztuki, 33 (2008), pp. 53-64
- Dorota Juszczak, Hanna Małachowicz (2007), Zamek Królewski w Warszawie: malarstwo do 1900 : katalog zbiorów, Zamek Królewski w Warszawie, ISBN 83-70221-68-8, cat. no. 289
- Kazimierz Kuczman, Jerzy Miziołek (2000), Perły w koronie: arcydzieło Dossa Dossiego i późnoantyczna gemma z kolekcji Lanckorońskich w zbiorach Zamku Królewskiego na Wawelu, Biuletyn Historii Sztuki, 62 (2000), Nr. 1-2, pp. 241-247
- Anne-Marie Logan (2005), Peter Paul Rubens: The Drawings, Metropolitan Museum of Art, ISBN 03-00104-94-4, cat. no. 95, pp. 265-267
- Boris Lossky (1962), Tours: Musée des beaux-arts : peintures du XVIIIe siècle, Editions des musées nationaux, cat. no. 197
- ed. Ewa Micke-Broniarek (2006), Gallery of Polish painting : guide / National Museum in Warsaw, Muzeum Narodowe, ISBN 83-71003-27-7, p. 203, 247
- Bożena Steinborn, Antoni Ziemba (2000), Malarstwo niemieckie do 1600 roku, Muzeum Narodowe, ISBN 83-71001-41-X, cat. no. 23, p. 102
Useful links and Contact
Notable art collections on-line
Note - all pictures are in Public Domain according to Polish and International Law (PD-art/old). Artinpl is individual, non commercial and not sponsored by anyone, educational project to share knowledge about works of art nowadays and in the past in Poland. Thanks to great and entirely non profit efforts of artinpl and associated users (BurgererSF and Vert) we have significantly increased internet presence and importance of such institutions as the National Museum in Warsaw (MNW) by among others creating entirely its pinterest website and almost entirely its Wikipedia Commons website.